Friday, February 22, 2008

Strap 'em Down. Let's Roll!

I was thinking about all the good things in my life, and I got all the way to one: the Utah Jazz. They have been my life, my passion, and my secret affair since I was old enough to tell the difference between Jerry Sloan and Jerry Springer. I can remember back to the days with John Stockton's revealing shorts, Greg Ostertag's killer cross-over, and David Benoit's consistent bricks. I cherish the glory years with Karl Malone and Stockton creating headaches for every opposing coach in the league, leading the Jazz to two consecutive Finals runs (I still blame myself for offering a silent prayer in game 6 of the '98 Finals -- right before Jordan nailed the game-winner). Ever since that time, I vowed to separate church and sport. It's been quite the ride the past few years, and the Jazz seem to really be back in action these past two years. Stockton and Malone have returned in the form of Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer; Sloan hasn't touched a referee for awhile, and the Jazz are back at the top of the league. It's time I gave back to the Jazz more than they've given me: they've really given me nothing, so all I really need to do is write about them every now and then. I count it as a blessing to be able to follow the Jazz on their quest for that elusive title. Let it be known that as of this, the 22nd of February, 2008, I devote this blog to ranting, raving, praising, and defaming the Utah Jazz. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Just one huh? I thought you might get to two or maybe three...