Friday, March 5, 2010

4th Quarter Magic


What a game last night! The Jazz beat the Suns 116-108, but that doesn't tell you anything about how good of a game it was to watch. It was a late-night TNT game, so I took a nice, hot shower, settled into my blanket, grabbed the milk and Oreos, strapped on my adult diaper, and I was ready to roll.

The Suns were leading most of the game; in fact, the Jazz didn't have the lead at all in the first three quarters. They weren't playing that bad, it was just some hot shooting by the Suns and lazy defense by the Jazz. We might as well fast-forward to the fourth quarter, because that was when my diaper finally came in handy.

Utah was still down by 11 going into the final period. Every true Jazz fan knew, however, that they would do something magical by the end. The magic, this time, came from beyond the three-point line. The Jazz hit 7 of 11 three-pointers in the fourth quarter alone! Tell me the last time a Jerry Sloan team has done that. Don't tell me, actually; it would be a waste of your time. Deron Williams hit a couple threes, Mehmet Okur made two huge ones, C.J. Miles drained one (and had a three-point play the old fashioned way), and the Jazz came back, took the lead, and took all the joy out of the lives of every Suns fan in the world. It was a sweet victory.

Good show overall on national television for the Utah Jazz. I'm beginning to see very good potential going into the homestretch of the season, and if the Jazz can play at the top of their game, they will get the home-court advantage and hopefully make a good run in the playoffs.

1 comment:

Yee Quon said...

I knew you still wore diapers!