Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jazz @ Hornets: Shoot Me In The Face


There's not a whole lot a man can say about last night's debacle in New Orleans. The Jazz were completely out-played in the first quarter, and were outscored 38-15. The Hornets reeled off a 23-0 run, and that's the end of the story. Sure, Utah fought back and cut the lead to four points with just over eight minutes left in the game, but everybody knew the Jazz didn't deserve the victory.

In case I'm sounding a little too negative/depressed, I'll say this: I am. But, of course, New Orleans is a good team and a legitimate contender in the West. Chris Paul was dominant last night; the Jazz had no answer for him. He could be considered an MVP candidate in my book.

We don't have much time to think about what went wrong yesterday -- the team is swinging over to Memphis for a clash with the Grizzlies tonight. I will just take some strong medication and hope that the stinging from the Hornets (excuse the pun) goes away quickly.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I've never heard of a 23 - 0 run before. Pathetic