Sunday, March 23, 2008

You Thought I Died. I Tried To.

I haven't written since last Monday. Big whoop, what has there been to write about? Well, I will tell you. First of all, I have decided to change the style of my posts. I have simply been recapping Jazz games up to this point. This will not do. If you want a bread-and-butter rehashing of the games, read ESPN or the Deseret News. I think there's another newspaper in Utah, but nobody really reads it. So I will, from here on out, be giving my personal take on the Utah Jazz, its players, fans, dancers, concession prices, etc. If you don't like it, send me an email at allredj@gmail.com and I will put it in my spam folder. If you like it (or hate it), comment on it and include your name, phone number, address, and the names of all those that are dear to you. I will respect anything anybody has to say.

Which leads me to my next point: Whoever said the Jazz are unbeatable at home is an idiot. Please don't read any of my previous posts. Watching them play the Lakers last week was painful. I got more excitement out of watching this year's Oscar's than I did out of that game. And I didn't watch this year's Oscar's. Utah couldn't stop the Lakers all game long, and just when you thought the Jazz might come back in it (after Deron Williams' four-point play late in the game), Kobe Bryant got mad at the world and pulled out a gun and killed anybody that got in his way.

Luckily for Jazz fans, the Sonics were coming into town. Unluckily for Jazz fans, the Sonics almost beat them. If it wasn't for some hot shooting by Mehmet Okur (to go along with solid nights from Williams and Carlos Boozer), I would have shut down this blog and started a daily update of Ron Paul's campaign run. Luckily for American politics, the Jazz won.

Utah has a good stretch ahead of them if they can pull it together. They're only two and a half games out of first place in the West, and their upcoming calendar looks favorable. I realized, while watching the Laker debacle on Thursday, that we don't have much time to win a championship. I watched the game in HD, and it zoomed in on Jerry Sloan's face. We don't have much time. Win one for the gipper!

2 comments:

Yee Quon said...

Your journalistic skills bring a tear to my eye. Whether it's from amazement or disgust - I will spare you from knowing.

Johnny Allred said...

I know it's hard to keep me and "journalistic skills" out of the same sentence.