Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bring on the Utah Jazz!

It's almost time for the 2010 NBA Season! I hope you all had a good break, because I have a feeling we're about to go for a ride. I'm usually excited for the beginning of a new season, but for some reason I am extremely excited this year--probably because of the new faces and the new look.

For those of you who don't know (read: anybody who has been living in the Siberian tundra or who has been in a deep coma for the last few months), the Jazz picked up Al Jefferson, the talented big man from the Timberwolves. He is excited to be here, and he's as publicly humble as any professional sports player I've ever seen; he must want something. Dang, Carlos Boozer has really messed me up... Back to Jefferson. He has great moves, he can score like nobody's business, and he seems willing to work hard. Hopefully Sloan can just teach some monster defense and passing skills.

The Jazz also signed Raja Bell. I don't know if that name rings a...bell...for you, but he played for a couple years with the Jazz six or seven years ago. He's a maniac on defense. He'll help the Jazz contain Kobe, and he can knock down a triple every now and then as well. Good veteran pickup for the Jazz.

The other exciting news from the summer is the change in logo, jerseys and court design. It's a fresh rendition of the old-school look, and I like it. I'm excited to see them in action.

The preseason is rolling along, and we're just waiting for a few weeks to tip off the regular season! It may be tough to gel as a new squad, but if the players can get accustomed to each other pretty fast, I think we'll be a dang good team this year. Sloan has taken off his muck boots and put on sweatpants and a whistle; Deron Williams has emerged from the Bat Cave; Carlos Boozer has tripped out of town (and broken his hand in the process); Andrei Kirilenko has looked into the wrong fashion magazine. The 2010 Utah Jazz are ready to rock!!

No comments: